How to Adopt
Woofy Acres has 3 different ways that you can become a part of our resident's lives.
You can adopt our residents and take our loving dog home with you as your newest family member.
You can house one of our dogs until it funds the perfect home. This lets you share your love for without a permanent commitment.
Looking to spend quality time mentoring our residents?
Bring Home a New Family Memeber
Finding the perfect dog and taking them home should not be difficult. We try to make the process as simple as possible. If you currently have a dog (s) and are seeking to increase your family size we encourage you to bring your loved one with you to visit and help you select the perfect edition to your family.
We have a play area where we allow those interested in one of our residents to play and get to know one another. There is no rush to make a decision. We want to ensure our residents find a forever home so if you need to visit more than one time, we encourage it!
What We Need From You
- A few questions to ensure you are set up to care for one of our residents.
- A meet and greet between you and the chosen dog. If you already have a dog and wanting to increase your family size, you will need to bring your other dog for a short meet and greet and a little playtime prior to adoption.
- Fill out some basic information and pay the adoption fee (tax deductible) and you are ready to go!
Take Care Of Our Resdients Until They Find a Home
How Fostering Works
Fostering is a great way to help one of our residents. You house a dog in your home until we can find it a forever home. If you fall in love, you have taken the first step to adoption.
Fostering responsibilities include providing adequate food, shelter and care for the dog. We will provide you with a collar and leash. Foster dogs are fully vaccinated and medically stable.
What to Expect
- Fostering responsibilities include providing adequate food, shelter and care for the dog.
- We will provide you with a collar and leash.
- Foster dogs are fully vaccinated and medically stable.
* Not all dogs are available for fostering. Please contact us for further information.
Spend Quality Time That Makes a Difference
Mentor a Resident
Come and pick one of our dogs and take them home for a day or two or three…. We will provide you with a collar, leash, food and a bed for the designated amount of time you wish to mentor and the rest is up to you.
* Not all dogs are available for mentoring. Please contact us for further information.
Is Mentoring For You?
- Not sure you are able to care for a dog full-time?
- Not sure having a dog is for you?
- You love dogs, but work does not permit you to have one full-time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Mentoring is ideal for you.